The 11th International Digital Fashion Contest
Details of the 11th International Digital Fashion Contest in 2022
□ Purpose of contest
● Fostering professional human resources and demonstration businesses through works for new market creation by means of the fusion of IT and fashion, individualization, development of personal media
● Fashion design contests using “Mass customization”, “3D”, “Digital fashion content”, “Virtual reality”, and “Digital textile printing”
● The 'International Digital Fashion Contest' will expand the digital fashion technology opportunities, and enable the sale of products in online stores such as internet shopping malls, and talent discovery.
● With the fashion metaverse era, applying fashion realistic technology to express presence and creative futuristic convergence space.
● Subject : “Mutualism: Design can impact our health, wellbeing and environment”
● Qualification for application : Individual, limit 1 person 1 work
The general public and university or graduate students
● 1st submission : Entry sheet (attached below)
- Design directions of apparel products, including diagrams and style sketch
● 2nd submission : Digital fashion work
- The result of digital clothes sewing and virtual fitting using apparel digital patterns
● Process : 1st application ➜1st judge(Selection for 2nd entry) ➜Submission of 2nd digital work ➜2nd judge (selection of a prize winner) ➜3rd judge (selection of award winner) ➜Result presentation
1. Organizer : The Society of Fashion and Textile Industry(SFTI)
2. Supervisor : The Society of Fashion and Textile Industry(SFTI)
3. Sponsorship : Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, PARKLAND
4. Awards : Grand prize(1), Best of the best(3), Excellence award(5), Encouragement prize(20), Special prize(00), Accepted(00)
5. Contest schedule :
- Contest announcement(2022.03.14/ Posted on SFTI homepage/ http://www.sfti.or.kr)
- 1st application(2022. 05. 23 ~ 2022. 06. 26/ firstname.lastname@example.org(email only)
- Announcement of 1st judge(2022. 07. 11/ Posted on SFTI homepage and notified by email)
- 2nd Digital work(2022. 09. 05 ~ 2022.10. 05/ email@example.com(email only)
- Announcement of winners(2022. 10. 17/ Posted on SFTI homepage and notified by email)
- Winner exhibition and awards(2022. 10. 29/ 2020 SFTI Fall Conference)
□ How to apply for the 1st entry
1. Application period : 2022. 05. 23(Mon) ~ 06. 26(Sun)23:59 (submission deadline)
2. How to apply
1) Submission of entry sheet : Drawing diagram or design sketch and Writing short description
in the entry sheet attached below.
- E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (email only)
- Submitted applications will not be released.
2) Entry fee : Korea 20,000won (US$ 18 / Jap¥ 2,000)
- Deposit account: NONGHYUP BANK 351-0986-8440-63
SWIFT CODE(B.I.C) : NACFKRSEXXX
Addresses: 120, TONGILRO, JUNG-GU, SEOUL, KOREA
- Name of applicant: Applicant's name / affiliation (ex: Hong Gildong, Korea University)
* Applications are complete only after receiving the entry sheet and remitting the participation fee.
3. Judging Criteria: Reflection of Topic, Possibility of Commercialization, Reflection of Trend,
4. Announcement of 1st judge
- July 11, 2022(Mon)
* Notify the applicant by email
5. Eligibility: University students, graduate students, general public
* This contest’s previous winner (Excellence Prize) is excluded *
□ How to submit 2nd digital work
1. Participants: Only those who passed the first round
2. Application Period: 2022. 09. 05(Mon) ~ 10. 05(Wed)23:59
3. Reception: email@example.com (email only)
4. Type of Submission:
1) Original file: ①3D program work file (ex) HongKildong_KoreaUniversity.zprj
2) Capture 3D image: front / side / back image
①File format: jpg ②Size : width * length = 420 * 594 (mm) ③Resolution: 300dpi
3) 3D work image: 10-15 seconds image file (ex) HongKildong_KoreaUniversity.avi
5. Required Documents: Request for Digital Works Entry and Copyright Transfer Agreement
∙Your copyright signature must be signed on the Copyright Transfer Agreement.
* All digital works and copyright transfer agreements must be submitted before they are accepted.
6. Judging criteria
: Possibility of Commercialization (30%), Digital Expression (40%), Design Creativity (30%)
7. Announcement of 2nd judge
- 2022. 10. 17(Mon), (subject to change)
□ Awards and Exhibitions
1. Date: 2022. 10. 29(Sat)
The exact time of the awards ceremony will be notified to the winners.
2. Location: Place of the 2022 SFTI Fall Conference (Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea)
Attendants above the Participation Prize must attend ceremony
3. Hand over copyrights for entries
Design ownership of entered works is owned by the organizer and copyright is vested in the society. Therefore, if a copyrighted work is used, it shall be declared a prize for the contest and used for non-profit purposes.
* Examples of non-profit purposes include:
- If the participant uses the work in their personal portfolio
- In case an applicant posts it on personal SNS, or other electronic services.
- For other non-commercial use
However, for profit use requires consultation with the SFTI for the production and use of the winning work of this association contest. If deemed necessary, the institution and the user of the work shall decide on any compensation(financial or other) after a detailed discussion.
* Examples of profit purposes:
- Program providers use it for promotional and sales purposes
- When the applicant uses it for commercial purposes
- For other non-altruistic uses
If the work is found to be the same, or similar to the other work after the award is decided, the award may be revoked and all responsibility for damages shall be borne to the submitter.
For questions, please contact the SFTI office.
TEL: 82)53-986-7481 / 82)10-8734-9760 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The above notice may be changed due to academic affairs.